- Mom has been up in Roseburg for the last week with Grandpa. Grandpa is 83 and is in the hospital because of several blood clots and bad gang-green in his leg. The hospital was thinking they might have to amputate his leg but his leg is now recovering. He was in the Intensive Care Unit, almost always unconscious from pain medications, and his old body was barely holding up.
But in the last week Grandpa has been healing quickly; not just physically but spiritually too! He had no idea how close to death he was until they were able to reduce his pain meds. His doctor was a Christian and shared how Grandpa had been spared and that Grandpa's wife (grandma) had practically saved his life by constantly caring and watching out for him.
Grandpa really took this heart. He had never surrendered his life to Christ before that, but had always been stubborn and unwilling to submit to God's Word. Then, all of a sudden, he asked to be baptized one morning. Mom asked him a lot of questions to confirm that he had truly accepted Christ and was ready to live for Him. And according to mom, Grandpa, by the power of the Holy Spirit, had truly accepted Christ! She and Grandma are really excited!
Now, Grandpa wants to go to Church, meet the Pastor, and do all these things that he had been too stubborn to do before! God has apparently answered ours prayers for Grandpa. Pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to work through Grandpa and that these signs of salvation will be prove to be genuine.
- We went on an awesome boating trip with the Deems today! It was perfect weather for wake-boarding and everything! There weren't any sharks this time, either! Thank goodness! ;D
It was truly a blast! I haven't had that much fun in a awhile. However, I nearly lost my china-hat to the ravenous lake. I recovered it though; but you'll never guess how. If you really want to hear the whole story behind the nearly lost china-hat, leave a comment and I'll post about it. :)
Alexa brought her nice camera on the boat and took tons of pictures; so she'll probably post some of those soon. If not, maybe I will.
- We will be leaving on Sunday and be gone till next Saturday. We'll be staying in Roseburg until Wednesday to work on the Grandparents house, then we'll be camping at Silver Falls campground until the OceanNetwork homeschooling conference in Portland. Whew! Then we'll come home just in time to set up for church on Sunday. :D It'll be fun camping for the first time this summer!
- I don't know if this is really 'bad news' but it is disappointing news. In one of my earlier posts I had talked about being offered a full-time job. Well, they reconsidered the offer because they want someone who would able to work for them as a living. As in work for them for a long, long time. I would only being working for them for maybe a few years. So, they have someone doing the summer job and they're going to interview some other people who might be willing to work longer term. So, that's a little disappointing. But I know that when God closes a door it usually means he has opened a better door somewhere else. (And I have hunch that that other door might be- pursuing web design as a career. Ya never know! :D Hmm.... that's something else I should post about.)
- I've been checking who broke to semis and octas at Nationals. No one from Clarion Club broke. *sniff* How sad.... I'm sure they all feel really disappointed. :(
Way to go guys! Great job making it to Nationals! Now hurry up and come home! :D
Alrighty, I'll see ya'll later!