Saturday, March 31, 2007

More About Me. Part 1


This is a speech I wrote about 4 months ago for our speech club:

I remember when I was a youngster I pictured adult life as easy and relaxing whereas a boy’s life was hard and grueling. As a boy you had to do school almost every day, especially on the sunny days. The days that were perfect playing outside and digging dirt fortresses and having mud ball fights and spitting contests and bike rides to the candy store and sword fights and battles with imaginary orcs and trolls and having mud ball fights and tree climbing and bug catching and fort building and.....Did I mention mud ball fights? It was those sunny days that you were cooped up inside doing school and countless other things such as chores. Life was hard! Contrast that to the adults life who had all the money in the world(enough to buy out the candy store), and who had all the special privileges such as staying up late and eating ice cream on the couch. This was more or less my world view as a 6-year-old boy. But it didn’t last long. When I thought about what it must be like to be my Mom or Dad I realized life wasn't so easy for them, especially since they'd given birth to a hyper-active rascal of a maniac like me. My world view has certainly changed since I was a 6-yr-old and I would like to tell you a little more about me.

First, I'd like to tell you what I enjoy, second, why I think homeschooling is important, and last, what my ambitions are.

No comments:

Post a Comment