Monday, March 9, 2009

Pear Blossom Update

Well, if you read Alexa's latest post, you will find that our 2 posts are rather similar. :D

Since my previous post, I've been on 2 runs. I ran about 3.4 miles on Sunday after church around our neighborhood. It was really pretty. There's a cow farm about 2 miles from our home that levels out into an small valley of green open fields spotted with cows and horses. It's like a little paradise tucked away behind the mountains.

It was most definitely worth all of the huffing and puffing. Even with all the cows staring blankly at me as I ran past. And I could totally tell that they were thinking, "Those humans are pretty stupid. They just run in circles; back and forth; wasting all that good energy. And for what purpose? Beats me. I think I'll eat more grass."

I timed the run and it took about 32 minutes. I'm hoping to eventually be able to run 10 miles in 1 hour and 30 minutes or less.

And then, today, I ran 2 miles on a treadmill at the YMCA. I didn't really like it. There wasn't any scenery to enjoy... just other sweaty people running in place around me. There wasn't any fresh air blowing against my face, either; just humid stinky air being blown by fans. It also felt kinda weird to just run in one place for 15 minutes. It certainly ain't natural! But it was good for me. Next time, however, I'll run outside. :D

So, similar to Alexa, I'm pretty sore. But it's a good kind of sore. :D

Alrighty, see ya'll later!
-Aaron