Thursday, July 19, 2007

Homeschooling Speech- Part 2 of 5

So first, Faith. Currently, a teacher at the public schools could lose his or her job for teaching on the bible or even praying publicly in the classroom.

Whereas in home schooling, faith is one of the key aspects that is included. At least for us. With home schooling you don’t have worry about your children learning things that aren’t true. You can teach your kids about the truth of life. We were created in God’s image, in his likeness to bring glory to Him. We did not evolve from various blobs and animals as the schools continue to teach. God created the heavens and the earth and saw that it was good. It did not suddenly appear after a Big bang. Homosexuality is an abomination to the Lord as seen in the case of Sodom and Gomorrah. It should not to be accepted, as the schools in California have recently taught.

In II Corinthians 6:14 it says-"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?"

I believe, as a Christian parent, sending your children to public school is a very dangerous thing to do because it risks breaking this commandment. Allowing the State (which rejects God, rejects his Word and his commandments and says there is no good and evil or absolute truths) Allowing the secular and unbelieving State to educate, to train and indoctrinate your children is (from my perspective) being unequally yoked with unbelievers.

Some parents have said that their children are lights in the schools and that’s why they send them there. I have a question. When training a young child how to swim do you just throw them into the deep end? No. They need to build up strength and be trained before they can swim in deep water. Can you expect a young child to be a salt and a light in a system that tells them there is no God? It’s possible but improbable. They need to be trained first.

In the three years I was public schooled I sadly did not share or even try to share the gospel with my peers. Why? I was too scared. I didn’t know what to say. I was more concerned about being accepted by my peers then I was concerned about their salvation. There was so much pressure to fit in and be cool that it was depressing my faith and making me discontent. You were cool if you had bad language and if you thought it was wrong, you were weird. You were cool if you dated a new girl every week and if you didn’t date at all, you were weird. You were cool if you let your pants sag down to show your boxers or to be disrespectful to the teachers. You were cool if you got bad grades and mocked those who took homework seriously. It was funny and popular for guys to lust after girls. And the girls encouraged it with their immodest clothing. And this was just among us 6th graders. As shocking as it sounds, I had no idea how much it was effecting me until dad pulled us out and I was able to look back on it. I am so thankful to be home schooled now.

Martin Luther said many years ago- “I am much afraid that schools will prove to be the gates of hell unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures, engraving them in the hearts of youth. I advise no one to place their child where the Scriptures do not reign paramount. Every institution in which men are not increasingly occupied with the word of God must become corrupt.”

Noah Webster once said- “An education without the Bible is useless."

I could get an education at the highest ranking school in the world but that knowledge would profit me nothing, in eternity, if I still rejected God and His word-the bible.

3 comments:

  1. I know where you got that quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the one you did last year? It's good! You guys don't seem like you were at anytime public schooled.:o) That's a good thing. ~Ruth~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's the one I did last year.

    ReplyDelete