Monday, July 23, 2007

Homeschooling Speech- Part 4 of 5

Not only does home schooling allow room for faith and family, but for fun also!

This brings me to my last point.

I would have to say I have never had so much fun as I have being in speech club. With, the exception of course, of camping. I love being with you guys and learning to improve my speech and above all learning to glorify God.

Philippians 4:4-
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

There is so much joy in home schooling.

For some reason, while I was in public school, I thought that home schoolers didn’t have a life. That they didn’t have any friends and they were nerdy geeks who wore clothes from the 70s and 80s. Well, I was right and wrong. I was wrong about them having no friends and wearing old clothes but I was right that they were geeks. Take for example that one kid Aaron. He’s a pretty nerdy geek.


I think one of the largest differences between home schooling and public schooling is the amount of freedom each allows. Public schools try to standardize and regulate everything. I wonder who thought of the idea that all kids, including both boys and girls, of a certain age, have the same learning level. It’s absurd to expect that. But that’s what the schools do. Ralph Swanson, a home schooling speaker and writer, at a conference, gave this example.

This is how the schools expect you to learn. But people don’t learn at that rate.


They learn like this.




Or like this. With home schooling you have the freedom to learn “like this”. And it makes learning a lot more fun. Or is it funner? Never mind.

There is also the freedom from bullying and teasing. Let me tell you, there is so much teasing and mocking at school, it gets old day after day. It’s like a barnyard of chickens all pecking at the smaller chickens and trying to puff themselves up for their own glory. It’s really pathetic. I am so glad I am home schooled now. God has certainly blessed me.

1 comment: